Once applications are received IHDC will conduct a lottery and choose 30 applicants who will be placed on the waitlist. IHDC will only contact those 30 applicants that are chosen through the lottery. Those chosen in the lottery will be required to submit additional qualifying information:
An eligible household is defined as a household that:
1) Meets the income qualifications for units as defined by the City of San Francisco and the State of California
2) Is willing to provide income eligibility information annually
3) Has a good credit history (no credit history is acceptable)
4) Has a history of responsible tenancy
5) Does not have a criminal background involving physical violence to persons or property; sexual abuse; sales, use, manufacturing or trafficking of narcotics or illegal drugs; illegal weapons possession; any form of assault; breaking or entering, or burglary (mitigating circumstances can be provided).
Indochinese Housing Development Corporation (IHDC) promotes equitable affordable housing opportunities to all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, age, disability, or place of current residence. Please note that anyone applying for housing is required to provide a variety of documentation which may include picture identification, social security number, or proof of employment; and only eligible applicants will be placed.
IHDC owns and manages 2 buildings in the Tenderloin, with a total of 116 units. Of the 116 units, 107 are studios, the remaining 9 are one bedroom apartments.
IHDC periodically accepts applications to refill the waitlist. When IHDC is planning on accepting applications we will post the announcement on this website. Please check this site regularly.
Please limit housing inquires to the open application period, as we are unable to accommodate vacancy questions on an ongoing basis.